Subject: Cross-platform rendering
From: Andre Perusse <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 06:39:35 -0800

I recently attempted to render a LightWave scene in two parts: the first
part on my PC running LightWave 4.0 (rev B), and the second part on my Amiga
with Flyer 4.1 (and thus, LightWave 4.0).

The rendered pictures were almost identical except for the shadows. The
scene file was identical, using a shadowmap with a fuzziness of 3.0.
However, the shadow on the PC looked fuzzy, while the Amiga version looked
very sharp. I attempted to increase the fuzzines on the Amiga, but the
shadowmap only started to look grainy, not fuzzy like the PC.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but does anyone know why this is
so and is there anyway around it?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
/\ndre Perusse - [email-masked]
ANIMAX MULTIMEDIA, INC. - Computer Animation & Multimedia Authoring
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.  (902) 468-2629
Visit our Web Site at: http://www.animax.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------